Premier League:Suarez wins PFA Player of the year,Hazard emerges best young Player.

LUIS SUAREZ -PFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR    

Liverpool FC forward Luis Suárez has been rewarded for an outstanding campaign by winning the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year award after topping the poll conducted among his peers.

The Uruguay striker has scored 30 goals in 31 Premier League appearances, having joined Liverpool from AFC Ajax in 2011. “The Premier League is full of really great players and so it is a great honour when these players recognise your work on the pitch,” said Suárez. “I always try my best for the team and it is nice to get awards, but really this is for my team-mates and the staff at Liverpool because without their help I wouldn’t have this prize.”

Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard came second in the poll and Manchester City FC midfielder Yaya Touré finished third, though Hazard picked up the PFA young player accolade. “It’s always good to win awards because it means you’ve had a good season, but I prefer to win things collectively and I must say thank you to all my Chelsea team-mates, the staff and the fans,” commented Hazard.

Comments