HAPPY NEW YEAR: FORGET WHAT IS BEHIND


"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:12-14 NIV).

Glory be to God that we have come to the end of another year. The Lord has done many things for me in the year, and I know He has done many things also for you too that make Him deserve our praises and worship. Let us return all glory to Him for everything He made us to achieve in the year.

However, we may not have achieved certain goals, while hope in certain areas dissipated. Nevertheless, He still remains the faithful God that we can rely on. As the new year is beginning, we should learn to forget what is behind and press on.

Take an honest look at yourself. Have you been disappointed in one way or the other in the old year? Were you unable to achieve your set goals for that year? Do not be dismayed. Forget what is behind and press on in the coming year. The New Year will be better for you in Jesus' name. Amen.

Did you achieve your goals last year? Did you have many successes in the year? Praise God! However, do not let those achievements and successes blindfold you. God is taking you to higher ground. Do like Paul, "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead…." Aim for higher things. Remember that old song, "Good, Better, Best, I shall never rest, until my good is better and my better's best."

Happy New Year - 2016

Comments