THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. IT IS STILL NOT THE END OF THE ROAD - Chief Amori



On Wednesday 17th February, 2016, the reconstituted Appeal Court panel of five justices which sat in Benin-city the Edo State capital to review its judgment of Saturday, 19th December, 2015, on the Delta Central Senate seat ruled that it lacks jurisdiction to do so because of the time-frame allotted by the constitution for electoral matters. Read more at:
The Appeal Court with a three-man panel had in December, 2015, given judgment on who to represent Delta Central Senatorial District in the Senate chamber of the National Assembly, contrary to the popular choice of the Urhobo people who overwhelmingly voted for the PDP in the Senate election conducted twice in 2015.
No doubt, the Appeal Court judgment of Saturday, 19th December, 2015, was a judicial ambush by those who wickedly plotted to suppress the mandate given to me, Senator (Chief) Ighoyota Amori by the Urhobo people. It should be placed on record that no other result apart from that by INEC which declared me the winner of the Senate election is before the court. No result from any Unit, Ward or Local Government Area was cancelled by the Election Petition Tribunal which sat in Asaba and affirmed my victory against my two opponents in the election. And, the Appeal Court in Benin which in the petition brought against me by one of my opponents in the Labour Party LP, ruled otherwise on ground of the use of Card Readers four days after it ruled in my favour in the petition brought against me by the candidate of the All Progressive Congress APC in the same Senate election. The judgment no doubt, was a judicial summersault as the court having declared me the winner of the Senate election which it said complied with the provisions of the Electoral Act in the petition by the APC candidate; would make a U-turn few days after in the petition by the LP candidate on the basis of the use of the Card Reader. This, no doubt, runs foul of the position of the Supreme Court which is the apex body of our judicial system and, has in several of its rulings discarded or jettisoned the use of the Card Reader as basis for determining the authenticity of voting in the 2015 elections.
Now, my good people of Urhobo nation particularly my teeming supporters let us retire to history the temporary setback occasioned by the judicial summersault. It is time to move on. We know we won the election. Even in their own result, not INEC result, which they tendered in court we were still leading them.
Drawing inspiration from Barack Obama who states, “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on”, I am going to keep on with the good fight knowing full well that I can always count on your support.
Thanks all for the support and prayers. I am deeply overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and show of solidarity from far and near particularly since after the unfortunate Appeal Court judgment of December, 2015. My profound thanks go to the Governor and leader of the PDP in Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, the leadership of the Delta State PDP and the entire PDP family in the State, our diaspora people, my family and all my well wishers including those in the social media who stood by me all through.
We shall bounce back in a big way. The ability to rise after a temporary fall is what makes a man thick. And in the words of Nikola Tesla, “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”
Once again, I appreciate the solidarity. God bless you all.
Your labour shall not be in vain, I can assure you in Jesus name Amen.
Your son, Senator (Chief) Ighoyota Amori.

Comments