I STAND BY MY WORDS - Alhassan 'Dares' Buhari

In a political stand that might put her in a face to face confrontation with President Muhammadu Buhari, Mama Taraba has remained unapologetic and defiant. 

The Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan aka Mama Taraba, said on Thursday she stands by her remarks to support former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as presidential candidate in 2019.

Alhassan had told the BBC Hausa Service that she would not support President Muhammadu Buhari if he decides to seek re-election in 2019.

Speaking to State House correspondents on Thursday, the minister said she is not afraid of being sacked by President Buhari.

She said: “No, I have no comment. What will I say now? I have said all in BBC Hausa Service. Get someone who speaks Hausa very well to translate it for you.”

On her relationship with Buhari now, she added: “How will I know? I have not seen the President but I don’t think the President is a naive person.”

“God gives and God takes. That is all and I have said it all in Hausa. You know that there is an end to everything.”

On Buhari supporters attacking her on social media, Alhassan said “let the will of God be done.”


Comments