SHOCK AS PRESIDENT BUHARI REFUSES TO ENDORSE THE ZONING OF 2023 PRESIDENCY TO SOUTH-EAST…Delivers Very Short Damning Statement

The Leaders of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the South-East, were at the Presidential Villa, on Monday, to demand President Muhammadu Buhari’s endorsement of an Igbo Presidency in 2023, after his second term in office.
Led by the Minister of Science and Technology, Ogbonnaya Onu, the APC Leaders presented an address in which they reaffirmed the decision of the party in the zone, in December last year, to support Buhari’s second term bid.
The address was read to Buhari by the APC National Vice Chairman for the South-East, Hon. Emma Eneukwu.
He said: “It is our conviction that four years is not enough for you to complete this worthy journey, hence the need for another four years, to enable you make Nigeria truly great.
“We implore Mr. President, as a just and fair-minded Leader, to make history by supporting the zoning of the office of the President in our great party to the South-East, at the end of your second tenure in office as President in 2023.’’
In his response however, Buhari declined to endorse the request made for a 2023 Igbo Presidency, but rather pledged to give his best to all Nigerians, guided by a clear conscience in making decisions for the progress of the country.
Buhari said: ‘‘I want you to know that I have not forgotten the efforts and sacrifices you have made in the successes I have achieved in my position, and I appreciate what you are doing for the stability of our country, and the future of our children and our grandchildren.
‘‘I assure you that whatever I try to do, I will do it with a clear conscience, and I will do the best I can do for all Nigerians’’, he said.
At the end, Buhari did not address or comment on the issue of an Igbo Presidency in 2023.

 

Comments