EX-PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN RAISES ALARM…Over Attempts to Malign Him


Image may contain: 1 person, standing and suit
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan, said that some individuals are making frantic efforts to malign his personality, insisting that his democratic ideals remain strong as ever.
The former President, who is currently in Sierra Leone for an official assignment stated this on his Facebook page on Sunday night.
He wrote: “It has been brought to my attention that while I am away promoting democracy in Sierra Leone, a campaign will be unleashed against me to falsely impugn my name using both faceless and identified persons.
Jonathan’s reaction came hours after reports emerged that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration had vowed never to stop reminding Nigerians of widespread mismanagement that allegedly characterised his administration between 2010 to 2015.
However, no matter the intensity of the campaign to malign him, Jonathan said he would remain civil in his conduct.
“When I was in power I said my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian. Even out of power, I continue to hold that belief.
“What I will say, however, is that no matter how far and fast falsehood has travelled, it must eventually be overtaken by truth,” the former President said.


Comments