COVID-19: Discharged Patients Recount Experience In Delta


As the world continues to battle COVID-19 pandemic, two discharged patients in Delta have affirmed that the virus is real and urged the public to adhere to declared protocols for protection and stemming the spread of the scourge.
The patients, Chief Austin Eruotor, the Index Case in the state and Chief Jerry Azinge, the fourth confirmed case in the state, made the call at a news conference in Asaba.
According to Chief Eruotor, who expressed immense gratitude to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa `for the amazing services and care given to me’, Deltans and Nigerians should take the issues of personal hygiene and social-distancing serious, because COVID-19 is real.
"A lot of people said COVID-19 is malaria because of the symptoms but as a survivor, I am in a position to tell the story better.
``My name is Chief Austin Eruotor; I am married with seven children and I am based in Canada. I came into Nigeria on Feb. 5, 2020 and became ill.
``I stayed at the isolation centre at Oghara for 36 days and I must thank our amiable governor, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, for what God used him to do in my life.
"When I was at the isolation centre, I fought with the virus to the extent that the virus was moving all over my stomach, up to the chest.
"I must thank the officials at the Oghara Isolation Centre who placed me on Oxygen when I was short of breathe. I was under the surveillance of the CCTV camera in my room and one of the nurses called Efe, came and put me on oxygen. I was on Oxygen for five days until I stabilised," he said.
Eruotor stated that he came out to sensitise people, who still believed that the virus was a scam, saying "my coming out today is because a lot of people still don't believe that COVID-19 is real. I am a life testimony.
``The first day I was rushed to Oghara, I got calls from all over the world; they thought it was malaria but I had already treated malaria before I was admitted at the Oghara.
"I must commend the state government for its care and for treating us free of charge. I was well-taken care of with all manner of food at my request.
"I must thank our governor for making me an ambassador in the fight against COVID-19 in the state. I thank him for all his prayers, his love and care and I also thank the COVID-19 team, the doctors and nurses who were very hard-working, for taking good care of me at the isolation centre.
"I will work hard to take this message not just to Deltans but the entire Nigeria, America, Canada, but first of all, charity begins at home and I was at Ugborikoko and Pessu markets in Warri to preach this message and I still have lots of places to go to by the grace of God."
On his part, Azinge said he was delighted to give an account of his experience at the FMC isolation centre in Asaba.
"Today is a day of thanksgiving and testimonies. God indeed, is the ultimate healer. I thank Him for making me to survive the ordeal.

Comments