Today is My Day; My Birthday




  I am a year older today, full of wisdom from years of accumulated wonderful and rich life’s experiences. As I reflect, I thank God for keeping me alive till this day, not to mention how wonderful he has been to me.

With all my shortcomings, sometimes I would wonder why God loves me so much. I thank him for the wonderful wife, for all my children, for all my friends. I also thank God for the good health he has given me and for making it possible for me to live and add another full year onto my life.
 
From the bottom of my heart I thank members of my church for not hesitating to give me their spiritual support. My Pastor yesterday was the first to remember my birthday. As my new year begins today, I pledge to continue in the role assigned to me by God Almighty. I will continue to monitor the activities of our leaders even while working with them. I will not relent in my penchant to chastise them if they go astray and will pat them on the back if they perform well. I will give them ideas if they seek it, but what I will never do is to compromise my integrity at any level.

For the year 2014, my number one task will be to do everything within my power to unite our leaders---the Urhobo leaders. I know it is a daunting assignment, but with God on our side, every effort will flow well. I will continue to pray for our leaders across the State, asking God to soften their hearts, bury their differences, eschew unnecessary self-importance and ego that are not of any use to the growth of our people. Our leaders must unite and speak with one voice in order to be able to carry the masses along for a stronger position within an entity known as Nigeria. Any other agenda different from a solid unity will definitely crumble right beneath our feet.

I thank all my well-wishers for their time and their kindness. I thank all of them for the support they have entrusted upon me over the years.

This year will be a better one as long as we continue to invoke God into all our daily activities.

Comments