A WORD OF APPRECIATION...As Chief Andrew Orugbo Dumps APC For PDP

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing and outdoor
I want to appeal to everyone to join me and my family to thank Jehovah the Almighty God and His beloved son Jesus Christ for the grace of divine protection and measure of success I have enjoyed all the time that I have exercised my ambition to run election since 1996 that I started.
I thank my wonderful family members, party members, friends, supporters and other relations for the enormous support I have enjoyed in all my campaign for elective positions over the years particularly my campaign for the Federal House of Representatives that has just ended. God alone can reward all who supported me one way or the other. Nobody should feel too disappointed over the outcome of the election because God know the end of everything from the beginning and in every situation we must thank God.
When in 2014 I declared that the APC was my last political bus stop I was obviously mistaken. I did not foresee that APC will be what it is today.
I want to assure everyone that my decision to return back to the PDP is based on the fact that I have lost faith in the APC. Getting the House of Representatives ticket in the APC would have constituted a hindrance but as things are today I am free to move on with my life.
Let me say that in comparing PDP and APC name is a non issue. There is nothing bad in the name PDP and there is nothing bad in the name APC. The Bible says ' by their fruits ye shall know them'. To me, the PDP has become a better alternative to the APC. APC is certainly not the awaited desire.
Those who are close to me also know that I support the argument that Delta North be allowed to complete eight years. This is not achievable in the APC for obvious reasons but can only be achieved in the PDP.
I also believe that with the state of the APC in Delta State today the hope of APC winning the 2019 general election in Delta State is a mirage and it will ever remain a hope. I know that there are those who believe that the Federal Might will be employed and applied to deliver Delta State to the APC but I am not a man to invest his political future in such dubious calculation or permutation. That is not how a progressive government should be formed.
Since it became public knowledge that I was having discussion with the PDP, APC critical stakeholders in the state and other stakeholders have put so much pressure on me to stay back in the APC. I sincerely appreciate the interest showed and the concerns expressed by all in that regard but as a person that is always driven by his personal conviction I am not persuaded.
I have decided to return back to the PDP that has promised to receive and welcome me back as a family member.
APC remain my last bus stop but PDP is now my final bus stop from where I hope to retire from active politics in due course.

God bless you all.
Chief Andrew Orugbo

Comments