Nigeria Medical Association Tears Apart Over Strike Suspension As President Resigns

Following the suspension of the strike action by the National President, Kayode Obembe, embarked on by the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) in which they submitted 24 demands to the Federal Government, the NMA has demanded for explanation form Obembe on why he should unilaterally call off the strike.

The controversy has caused the President to tender his letter of resignation. Saying “I want to make it categorically clear that I stand by every letter of the document I signed, that the strike was suspended.  And since upon my integrity and honour, I cannot continue to drive the doctrine that strike continues, I hereby tender my letter of resignation as NMA President.

We however gathered from sources with NMA that the letter has been rejected by some top members of the body while the elders have stepped in to pressure him to continue as the leader.

Comments