RIP AUDU ABUBAKAR – OUR HEALTH IS OUR WEALTH

Studies show: Hospitals with more Facebook likes have lower death ...
It’s not like Prince Abubakar is suddenly being turned to cannon fodder or some kind of symptom, but his passing, just as he approached the verge of winning Kogi’s gubernatorial election, is quite instructive, in many respects.

I thought I should discuss the matter before it goes cold with the harmattan wind coming so fast and furious this year. Perhaps, my last reference to the departed Kogi Prince will be to say his demise is emblematic of how people treat their health with levity in these parts.
The story I’m about to tell you happened several years ago-a true life story. On my way home one evening, I met with a friend. He offered me a cold bottle of star. I gladly accepted the drink. Anyway, while doing justice to the bottle of larger, which actually led to another bottle (like one thing always lead to another), I looked down and saw my “friend’s” swollen feet. Alarmed, I asked him what happened.

Take a listen:
Me: Pally, what’s the matter with your feet?
Friend: My brother, enemies! Enemies want to waste your brother.
Me: Which enemies? What did you do?
Friend: Ask me O! I don’t know but God knows them and He alone will fight my battle.
Me: What are those marks (looking closer)!
Friend: Hmmmm…if not the Mallam, who removed the bad blood inside my legs, I would have been dead by now.
Me: Mallam cut you??? Whaaaaat?
Friend: My brother, relax. you won’t understand what’s going on.
Me: No way, my brother. You took a big risk. How are you sure the Mallam knows what he’s doing? Did he sterilize the tools he used?
Friend: My brother, I’ve seen hell.
Me: Did you go to hospital?
Friend: I went everywhere before resorting to this Mallam. In fact it was after his treatment I was able to wear these special sandals.
Me: Which hospitals did you go to?
(He couldn’t mention any. Obviously, he was telling lies!)
Anyways, to cut the story short, I pled with him to come to my office to see the Doctor. Thankfully, he did. The Doctor suffered a double paroxysm of petrification and angst, when he checked and found my friends blood pressure way beyond human tolerance.

The Doctor was so alarmed he begged me to seize his car keys, because he considered him a walking corpse who, in the course of driving, could pass away and then waste innocent passers-by and other motorists.
Then, he asked him to slow down. Don’t wake up before 6am, and even if he did, he shouldn’t get out bed before 6am (as against 4am when he set out to start his day). Then, he should take his breakfast of mainly fruits and vegetables make sure he returned home before 7pm to take a walk around his area before dinner. Then, he must eat light dinner, preferably vegetables and fruits or any light food. Avoid alcohol and red meat, in the interim. He must go to bed not later than 9:30pm.
He did as instructed. He also did an X-ray examination of his heart, which revealed an enlarged heart and a risk of CVA. Of course, he was susceptible to stroke and diabetes, what with his massive size (145 Kg)
The Doctor’s prescriptions combined with change in lifestyle, and the grace of God-I must add-helped and saved him from untimely death. He’s reading this post.

Comments