THE ANATOMY OF BETRAYAL AND LETDOWN



Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him. It is only very few people who knew how it felt in the morning of Monday, 08 December, 2014. It was hateful to have been part of the Jamboree that ended in ignominy. Defeat I can endure with cheerfulness. But betrayal is like taking the wind from my sails, or the earth from beneath my feet. It chills my spirits like a rainy day, and all I can do is draw the curtains and cry into my pillow.

That is how it was for me and many of us who were involved in what became a charade in the Project Obuh team. It was about too much of prudence and lack of confidence either in oneself or in ones partners, which meant that victory passed without seizing the moment. To say the least, it was narcissistic with evidence of paranoia. Because of narcissism and paranoid delusion, friends were seen as enemies. At the end of the day there was no real platform for strategy consultations. Everything became reduced to commands and instructions deflating the bonds of democracy.

But I have learnt that the truth about us that the world sees is different from the truth we see of ourselves. I have also learnt that politics is a planet where people live and thrive on absurdities. And there it goes every day, no shame, no conscience, no feeling, nothing.....just plain unimaginable rationalization of inexcusable actions or inactions.

But the greatest lesson of all is that God hears what is not spoken and understands what is not explained, for His love does not work in the lips or in the mind, but in the heart, and it is beyond mortal comprehension.

Comments