BREAKING NEWS: GOVERNOR IFEANYI OKOWA SWEARS-IN HON. FESTUS AGAS AS SSG

The Governor of Delta State, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa has formally sworn in the new Secretary to the State Government, Hon. Barrister Festus Ovie Agas. The turnout of Deltans and well-wishers of the new SSG was at the ceremony was unprecedented. In his speech, Governor Okowa noted that exactly three days ago, I announced the appointment of Hon. Barrister Festus Ovie Agas as Secretary to the State Government. It was an announcement that many were not expecting at the time it was made. But that element of surprise only served to excite the audience who broke out in spontaneous jubilation that almost ended our lunch prematurely. Judging by that euphoria that greeted Hon. Agas’s appointment, it is self-evident that this administration has struck the right note with its first appointment.

In our society where leadership is often associated with position and power, and the appropriation of the commonwealth for selfish purposes, it can be very tempting to forget that leadership is about SERVICE, service unencumbered by ethnicity, nepotism and greed.

As I made clear in my inaugural speech, the future that we all seek has no room for parochial interests and self-ambition but mutual cooperation and benevolent spirit that recognises and caters for the yearnings and aspirations of the citizens…Deltans must be willing to commit themselves to the new order, an era of love for all, where the good of all takes precedence over the gain of one. The watchword for this administration remains fairness, equity and justice.

In his response, Hon. Barrister Festus Agas said that “on behalf of my dear wife and family, I express my sincere gratitude to God and Your Excellency, the Governor of Delta State, for finding me worthy to be appointed to the position of Secretary to the Delta State Government. I cherish this wonderful opportunity you have offered me to serve the State and our people. The appointment is a challenge to me. I promise to be fair, selfless and equitable in the discharge of my duties. I assure Your Excellency and the people of the State that the trust reposed in me would not be betrayed”.

Comments